RECENT and UPCOMING EVENTS 2016
- Navruz – Tajik New Year Celebration, March 19, 2017
- at The Boulder Tea House, boulderteahouse.com
- Annual Member meeting, 12/15/2016 Open to public
- Reports: Activities and Events of 2016; President’s Report; Treasurer’s Report
- Election of the Board members for the two-year term 2017/18
Board nominations are allowed from the floor at the annual meeting by life or current members.
- Presentations: Rett Ertl on his October trip to Dushanbe on behalf of BDSC organization
- Outreach trip to Dushanbe 11/2016. See the Fall 2016 Newsletter for more info.
Photographs courtesy of Jancy Campbell, Haryi Nisso, Adam Hermans
Boulder-Dushanbe Sister Cities is a non-political, all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization (incorporated as a 501(c)(3) corporation under U.S. tax laws). Membership is open to anyone sharing our goal of improved understanding and communication between the peoples of the United States and Tajikistan.
The Sister City relationship between the citizens of Boulder and Dushanbe was born during the Cold War and has survived the break-up of the Soviet Union, civil war, and the painful birth of a new nation. With goals of international friendship, peace, and understanding, the people of Dushanbe gave Boulder a magnificent Tajik Teahouse. The Teahouse is now a Boulder institution and is visited by more than 100,000 people annually.Boulder has returned the favor! Boulder-Dushanbe Sister Cities has given a Cyber Café and Friendship Center to the people of Dushanbe on behalf of the people of Boulder.