Recent and Upcoming Events
- The Mayor of Dushanbe has invited Boulder runners to participate in the Dushanbe half-marathon on April 19, 2014. For more information, or to participate, contact us at email@example.com.
- Navruz - Tajik New Year Celebration, April 6, 2014
- at the Plaza next to the Tea House. All Welcome !
- Navruz Dinner at the Boulder Tea House
- Open World 2014 – Young Women Entrepreneurs, March 8-15
- We are on Facebook
Photographs courtesy of Jancy Campbell, Haryi Nisso, Adam Hermans
Boulder-Dushanbe Sister Cities is a non-political, all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization (incorporated as a 501(c)(3) corporation under U.S. tax laws). Membership is open to anyone sharing our goal of improved understanding and communication between the peoples of the United States and Tajikistan.
The Sister City relationship between the citizens of Boulder and Dushanbe was born during the Cold War and has survived the break-up of the Soviet Union, civil war, and the painful birth of a new nation. With goals of international friendship, peace, and understanding, the people of Dushanbe gave Boulder a magnificent Tajik Teahouse. The Teahouse is now a Boulder institution and is visited by more than 100,000 people annually.Boulder has returned the favor! Boulder-Dushanbe Sister Cities has given a Cyber Café and Friendship Center to the people of Dushanbe on behalf of the people of Boulder.